||Legal Administrative Assistant
||Legal & Policy
||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Part-time
||$57,282 - $66,675
||Sydney - NSW
||APS Level 3, APS Level 4
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
Under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Director, Legal & Policy, the Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Legal & Policy area in a range of legal, administrative and research tasks.
1. Perform legal and administrative functions for the Section, including:
• compiling the AAT’s weekly information bulletin setting out AAT decisions
• updating and revising AAT internal and external publications relating to law and practice
• responding to telephone and e-mail enquiries
• proofreading practice and procedure documents and other products prepared by the Section for publication, and
• filing, photocopying and fulfilling other administrative needs within the Section.
2. Support the Assistant Director and Legal & Policy Officers in carrying out tasks related to appeals against AAT decisions, including:
• maintaining the AAT’s appeal databases and records
• drafting documentation in relation to litigation in which the AAT is named as a party
• drafting summaries of AAT and court decisions, and
• preparing appeal statistics.
3. Undertaking legal and other research in support of section projects.
4. Carrying out other duties as directed.
Successful completion of undergraduate Administrative Law subject is desirable.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This is a non-ongoing vacancy for a period of 18 months with the possibility of extension.
About Administrative Appeals Tribunal
The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) has offices located in all states of Australia and the Australian Capital Territory and provides independent review of a wide range of administrative decisions made by the Australian Government, some non-government bodies and the Norfolk Island Government.
On 1 July 2015 the Migration Review Tribunal, Refugee Review Tribunal and Social Security Appeals Tribunal were merged with the AAT. The amalgamated AAT comprises a number of Divisions: Social Services and Child Support, Migration and Refugee, and General and Other.
||Adele Veness, (02) 9276 5513
|Agency Recruitment Site: