||APS 6 Manager
||$74,277 - $83,562
||APS Level 6
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
As a Manager you may participate in designated projects, provide services in a particular area of expertise (including Corporate Services) or manage a discrete element or function within the policy, strategic and resource frameworks. Within specified areas of responsibility, you may be required to undertake some or all of the following:
- assist in the management, coordination, supervision and monitoring of a discrete organisation element within a work unit, project or program, including delivery of on the job and formal training;
- work on interesting statistical, technical, IT, administrative or operational matters to deliver quality outcomes in line with ABS corporate objectives;
- assist in the development, support, evaluation and review of ABS projects, systems, architectures and/or methodologies in an environment of continuous improvement and change;
- understand the requirements of key internal and/or external clients and, where applicable, facilitate the management of external relationships and services;
- apply knowledge and maintain awareness of issues for providing advice to senior employees in an area of expertise; and
- deliver quality outcomes within agreed time-frames.
About Australian Bureau of Statistics
The Australian Bureau of Statistics ABS is Australia’s national statistical agency, providing trusted official statistics on a wide range of economic, social, population and environmental matters of importance to Australia.
The ABS also has an important leadership role, coordinating statistical activities and collaborating with official bodies in the collection, compilation, analysis and distribution of statistics, both in Australia and overseas.
The ABS operates in a dynamic and progressive environment and houses offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Geelong. We also have a number of field staff working across all parts of Australia. We encourage and value a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To find out more visit our website at http://www.abs.gov.au.
||Wayne Adamson, 07 3222 6356
|Agency Recruitment Site: