||APS 6 Manager
||$74,277 - $83,562
||APS Level 6
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
As a Manager you may participate in designated projects, provide services in a particular area of expertise (including Corporate Services) or manage a discrete element or function within the policy, strategic and resource frameworks. Within specified areas of responsibility, you may be required to undertake some or all of the following:
- assist in the management, coordination, supervision and monitoring of a discrete organisation element within a work unit, project or program, including delivery of on the job and formal training;
- work on interesting statistical, technical, IT, administrative or operational matters to deliver quality outcomes in line with ABS corporate objectives;
- assist in the development, support, evaluation and review of ABS projects, systems, architectures and/or methodologies in an environment of continuous improvement and change;
- understand the requirements of key internal and/or external clients and, where applicable, facilitate the management of external relationships and services;
- apply knowledge and maintain awareness of issues for providing advice to senior employees in an area of expertise; and
- deliver quality outcomes within agreed time-frames.
About Australian Bureau of Statistics
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is Australia’s official national statistical agency. The ABS provides statistics on a wide range of economic, social and environmental matters covering government, business and the population in general. The ABS also has an important coordination function with respect to the statistical activities of other official bodies, both in Australia and overseas.
The ABS has a central office in Canberra and regional offices located in the eight state and territory capitals and offers exciting and challenging opportunities for highly professional individuals who enjoy working in a team environment. We encourage and value a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To find out more visit our website at http://www.abs.gov.au.
||Wayne Adamson, 07 3222 6356
|Agency Recruitment Site: