||People and Corporate Support
||Senior Executive Service Band 1
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
The People and Corporate Support Branch is responsible for human resources, security and internal corporate communications. The Branch provides expert and strategic advice in developing the Department's human resource management policies and strategies, as well as delivering high quality human resource services to the Department. The Branch is also responsible for overseeing the Protective Security function of the Department. The Branch also provides services, strategic direction and professional advice on a range of internal corporate communication issues. This is a key leadership role within the Department.
The primary accountability of the Assistant Secretary, People and Corporate Support is to support the Secretary through the General Manager, Corporate Division, in discharging their people management responsibilities in accordance with relevant legislation. Areas of responsibility and details of the Sections are as follows:
- Employee Relations
- Learning, Leadership and Diversity
- Workforce Planning and HR Assist
- Departmental Security Unit
- Internal Corporate Communications
The Assistant Secretary, People and Corporate Support will:
- Provide high quality policy, strategic and operational advice to the Department, Attorney-General and Government
- Manage the people, physical and financial resources of the Branch
- Develop and implement innovative policy and program ideas in human resources and internal corporate communications
- Maintain productive working relationships with other parts of the Department, the Attorney-General’s Office, other government agencies and non-government stakeholders
- Represent the Department at meetings, conferences and stakeholder events, including making presentations relevant to the Branches responsibilities
- Contribute as a member of the senior management team to the leadership and development of the Division and the Department
Relevant qualifications in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience would be highly regarded.
The Attorney-General’s Department serves the people of Australia by working to achieve a just and secure society. The Department provides expert advice and support to the Australian Government to maintain and improve Australia's system of law and justice and its national security and emergency management systems. The Department’s work covers a broad array of policy and program initiatives, including protecting human rights, combating organised crime, enhancing our counter-terrorism arrangements, and improving access to justice. The Department is the central policy and coordinating element of the Attorney-General's portfolio, for which the Attorney-General and Minister for Home Affairs are responsible. We encourage and value a diverse workforce and offer a wide range of challenging and exciting career opportunities.
To find out more, visit our website at www.ag.gov.au or email HR.Assist@ag.gov.au
||Stephen Lutze, 02 6141 3490
|Agency Recruitment Site: