||Senior Residential Youth Worker
||Kardu Darrikardu Numida Hostel
||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
||$72,035 - $75,747
||APS Level 6
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
Full-Time, 37.50 hours per week.
Reporting to the Head of Boarding, you'll be responsible for planning, implementing and delivering an out of school hours recreation and social development program for students. This will involve planning and participating in programs that address health and emotional welfare issues for adolescent students in culturally appropriate ways.
The key duties of this position will include (but not be limited to):
- Coordinating and mentoring the work of the Residential Youth Workers and monitoring the services provided to the students.
- Ensuring that pastoral care and personal development of students, including community members of Wadeye and the surrounding Victoria Daly region is provided.
- Ensuring that cultural gender separation requirements are adhered to.
- Assisting in the supervision and provision of a safe and secure, away from home environment to students of the facility.
- Contributing to the welfare of the students by ensuring that regular reports on any issues or concerns are provided to the Operations Manager and Head of Boarding; and
- Assisting students with the development of their social/personal skills by helping students to understand their responsibilities and to develop positive relationships with others.
This is an identified position, therefore the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies.
The successful applicant will be required to hold a valid Working With Children Check, a Certificate IV in Youth Work, a current Drivers Licence, and to satisfactorily complete a Police Records Check and Medical Assessment during the six month probationary period.
It is also desirable if the applicant holds a current Senior First Aid certificate and 4WD Licence, or be prepared to obtain.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Up to 30 June 2013, with the possibility of extension.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
Stella de Cos, 02 6212 2084
||Stella de Cos, 02 6212 2084
||Recruitment Officer, Aboriginal Hostels Limited, PO Box 30, WODEN ACT 2606.
|Agency Recruitment Site: