||Ongoing, Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
||$60,597 - $73,173
||APS Level 4, APS Level 5
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
||2012/060 | Several Positions
Executive Assistant positions within the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet are responsible for providing high level support to Senior Executive staff to enable them to support the Prime Minister and the Cabinet in the effective development and delivery of policy across the whole of government.
The positions include duties such as:
• diary management
• correspondence management
• secretariat and administrative support
• management of travel arrangements
• administrative coordination and liaison with corporate areas of the Department
• financial management support, such as credit card reconciliation; and
• research and assist in the preparation of correspondence.
Our Executive Assistants need to self-manage and maintain a high level of confidentiality, possess strong liaison and communication skills, provide a high standard of client service, deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
PM&C has full time ongoing employment opportunities for Executive Assistants available across the Department and will use this process to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies for the next 12 months.
Provide high level administrative support to the Assistant Secretary/First Assistant Secretary, which includes but is not limited to:
• diary management to ensure all responsibilities are met;
• screening telephone calls and forwarding calls as appropriate;
• management and quality control of correspondence including using a tracking system for all documents (eg. emails, briefs, letters, appointments);
• credit card reconciliation;
• book travel as required;
• monitor and track slipstream items;
• maintain the Assistant Secretary’s/First Assistant Secretary’s office and surrounding area at a professional standard; and
• be first point of contact for visitors/meetings.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and willing to undergo and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance/
This is part of a rolling recruitment process. Executive Assistant positions at the APS 4 and 5 level will be advertised on a fortnightly basis for the next three months. The process will be used to establish merit pools for recruitment within the Department for the next 12 months.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Non-ongoing positions may be offered for specified term for up to three years from the commencement date.
About Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet is committed to employment equity in the workplace and to the maintenance of a family friendly working environment. We recognise and value the diverse skills, cultural values and backgrounds of all employees. The Department aims to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and that they have equal access to job opportunities. Applicants who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, come from a diverse cultural or linguistic background or have a disability are encouraged to indicate this in their applications. Hearing or speech impaired applicants are invited to use the National Relay Service by contacting 133 677, and requesting to be connected with our HR Help team on 02 6271 6000 in order to obtain selection documentation. Employment with the department is subject to satisfactory completion of security and character checks and attainment of security clearance. To be eligible for engagement, applicants must be Australian citizens.
||Recruitment Team, 02 6271 5133
|Agency Recruitment Site: