||Human and Creative Arts
||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
||Senior Executive Service Band 1
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
ARC Senior Executives lead and drive change within the organisation to enable us to achieve our mission to Advance Australia's capacity for quality research to the economic, social and cultural benefit of the community. The ARC operates in a changing, often turbulent, business environment requiring leaders who can manage, lead and pre-empt change. ARC Senior Executives plan strategies to realise our mission and gain commitment from staff to implement strategies and achieve results. ARC Senior Executives are expected to have a well-rounded knowledge base that is founded on the values of the Public Service, and understanding of individual and organisation behaviour, as well as a sensitivity to the social and political environment.
Duties & Tasks:
- contribute to the management of the National Competitive Grants program;
- support Excellence in Research for Australia continued development within the relevant disciplines
- deal with academic matters and government initiatives relevant to expertise
- lead, develop and implement new schemes and other strategic initiatives;
- contribute to the Senior Management team and strategic direction of the ARC;
- liaise and communicate with the research community and the users of research in regard to ARC business and initiatives
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This position is available on a fixed-term basis, for a period of up to five years.
||Leanne Harvey, 02 6287 6605
|Agency Recruitment Site:
Applicants to vacancies notified in all formats of the electronic Public Service Gazette should be aware that;
. the names of successful applicants may also be notified in all formats of the electronic Public Service Gazette
. applicants found suitable may be offered similar employment opportunities by other Australian Public Service agencies
This notice is part of the electronic Public Service Gazette
PS28-Thu - 12 Jul 2012
Published by Australian Public Service Commission.