||$152,140 - $188,846
||Senior Executive Service Band 1
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
As Regional Director, your primary role is the leadership and management of the Adelaide Office. The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Lead the Office of around 200 people and ensure that Office directions/activities are aligned to ABS corporate directions and priorities, and work program tasks assigned to the Office are met;
- Contribute significantly to the corporate management of the ABS;
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with the State Government and other key users;
- Identify, assess and articulate to ABS corporate processes/forums, the statistical requirements of key users in the State;
- Ensure an effective client service is provided to key clients in the State;
- Actively pursue the coordination of official statistics aimed at ensuring the best set of official statistics is available;
- Ensure good relations are maintained between data providers and the ABS within the state; and
- Ensure the production of high quality and timely rural and regional statistics.
In undertaking the responsibilities of the position and work program, it is important that good people, business and financial management practices are followed, and ABS statutory and policy requirements are met.
The Regional Director reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The position requires strong leadership and management skills, a focus on achieving results, excellent client service skills, and the ability to network with experts throughout the ABS to support services to the South Australian Government. An understanding of statistics available from the ABS and other sources to assist client needs, as well as the ability to provide leadership in a field of statistics, would be helpful. Given the responsibilities of a Regional Director, and the distance from other offices, an extra degree of self reliance and sound judgement is called on in this position.
About Australian Bureau of Statistics
The Australian Bureau of Statistics ABS is Australia’s national statistical agency, providing trusted official statistics on a wide range of economic, social, population and environmental matters of importance to Australia.
The ABS also has an important leadership role, coordinating statistical activities and collaborating with official bodies in the collection, compilation, analysis and distribution of statistics, both in Australia and overseas.
The ABS operates in a dynamic and progressive environment and houses offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin and Geelong. We also have a number of field staff working across all parts of Australia. We encourage and value a diverse workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To find out more visit our website at http://www.abs.gov.au.
Jonathan Palmer, 02 6252 5545, firstname.lastname@example.org
||Jonathan Palmer, 02 6252 5545
|Agency Recruitment Site: