||Head of Boarding
||Kardu Darrikardu Numida Hostel
||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
||$88,580 - $91,460
||Executive Level 1
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
Full-Time, 37.50 hours per week.
Reporting directly to the General Manager-Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the hostel operates in compliance with legal, industrial and policy frameworks.
The key duties of this position will include:
- Providing leadership in the management of the day-to-day operations of the hostel;
- Managing staff and the duty of care for students;
- Supporting the quality and continuous improvement culture;
- Implementing quality assurance and accountability programs;
- Establishing working relationships to improve outcomes for students;
- Adhering to AHLs financial and resources management systems, and ensure that processes are effective, efficient and equitable; and
- Managing the physical and financial resource performance against budgeted, financial and operations goals.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated background in similar managerial roles.
This is an identified position, therefore the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies.
The successful applicant will be required to hold a valid Working With Children Check, Certificate IV in Youth Work (residential or equivalent), a current Drivers Licence, and to satisfactorily complete a Police Records Check.
Desirable if the applicant holds a Senior First Aid Certificate and a Bus or 4WD Licence. If not, training will be required to be undertaken.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This opportunity is up to 30 June 2013 - with the possibility of extension.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
Stella de Cos, 02 6212 2084
||Stella de Cos, 02 6212 2084
||Recruitment Officer, Aboriginal Hostels Limited, PO Box 30, WODEN ACT 2606.
|Agency Recruitment Site: