||Chief Information Officer (expected vacancy)
||Diplomatic Security Information Management and Services Division (DID)
||Ongoing, Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
||$169,042 - $182,896
||Senior Executive Service Band 2
|Agency Employment Act:
||PS Act 1999
As Chief Information Officer, you will have agency-wide responsibility for the strategic and operational management of DFAT’s ICT and information-management assets and processes. You will also provide high-level advice and, as a member of the Departmental Executive, contribute to enhancing the department’s capability to respond to the needs of its stakeholders in driving and implementing changes in a dynamic APS environment and in line with the department’s strategic direction.
Specifically, you will:
• Drive and deliver strategic, business-driven change in the management of the department’s ICT and information-management assets to support an integrated approach to communications and information services in a challenging global operating environment.
• Provide high-level leadership and direction in aligning ICT and information-management services with the business priorities of the department through effective strategic planning, working collaboratively with senior management, and through the creation of a strong service-delivery culture.
• Be accountable for the effective and efficient management of people, physical and financial resources under your authority, and for the realisation of identified business benefits associated with the department’s ICT and information-management investments.
• Support and promote best practice in the portfolio, program and project management methods adopted by the department, and as appropriate, provide advice on the implementation of those methods.
• Develop and sustain strategic relationships with other government agencies and business, including key vendors.
• Represent the department in appropriate forums and act as an advocate for advancing DFAT’s strategic objectives.
• As a member of the Departmental Executive, participate in the strategic leadership and management of the department and foster the maintenance of a professional, high-performance culture.
• Lead and manage a large, diverse and geographically-dispersed team in accordance with the APS Values and APS Code of Conduct, workplace diversity and occupational health and safety principles, and participative management and staff-development practices.
We are seeking applicants who have exceptional professional and ethical standards, are results driven, have a demonstrated record of innovative achievement, strategic vision and superior leadership.
Applicants must be Australian citizens to be eligible for engagement. Employment in the Department is contingent on an employee having a valid security clearance. Loss of a security clearance will lead to termination of employment.
Further information can be obtained by contacting either Karina Duffey or Tricia Searson on (02) 6232 2200.
The salary range is $169,042 -$182,896 plus superannuation and access to a SES vehicle scheme. (Please note the salary range is due for annual review on 7 July 2010).
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
for up to 3 yr engagement
About Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade helps make Australia stronger, safer and more prosperous by promoting and protecting Australia’s interests internationally and contributing to global stability and economic growth.
We work to: advance Australia’s security; open up new markets and increase trade and investment; shape the regional and international environment in ways that advance Australia’s interests; deliver an effective and high quality aid program; and provide passport and consular services to Australians.
We are the lead agency managing Australia's international presence through a global network of around 100 overseas posts.
Tricia Searson, 02 6232 2200, firstname.lastname@example.org
||Peter Rowe, 02 6261 2142
||Before applying, please obtain selection documentation by emailing email@example.com quoting Ref. No. 171. Further information can be obtained by contacting either Karina Duffey or Tricia Searson on
(02) 6232 2200.
|Agency Recruitment Site: